Thursday, July 07, 2005

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4


I saw THPS4 in the "Old Games That No One Would Buy And Therefore Are Cheaper Than A Thai Whore" bin at Rogers about two days ago. The game was pretty old indeed - there are already two "Underground" additions to the neverending skateboard game series - but you just cannot argue with a $9 price tag. I ended up getting the game.

Honestly, what's difference, really? Tony Hawk 1, 2, 3, 4, Underground 1, Underground 2, Tony Hawk Goes to West... how much different can they all be? It's a fucking skateboard game. In all games, skateboards have four wheels. In all games, Tony Hawk is the best character because, evidently, it's his game and he'd cry to the programming department guys if they made his virtual self less skilled than God. All the games sport an average of 6748292 moves that I wouldn't be able to memorize if my life depended on it, and personally they look all the same to me. I'm starting to think the game's AI is randomly connecting words together everytime you jump in the air and do a spin.

And in all games, you get the satisfaction of seeing a skater getting a face full of sidewalk and painting it bright red after a failed attempt to pull off a 360-grinder-ollie-fakie-cannon-ball-slam-wallride.

That's gotta be worth 9 dollars.

6 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger Speed Racer said...

Hey, man! It`s awesome! Your brand new english blog!!!
And, I have the honnor to say this:

BIG FIRST ONE!!!!!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Empress_Aislygn said...

Dude, awesome. Just my thoughts exactly! My brother loves that game... me? Not so much.

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Bebba said...

This game is especially cool cuz u get 2 make custom skaters. ie, chicks with giant titties, pink hair, tattoos and an ass that clips out of her mini skirt when she skates. The greatest part though, is that when she falls, u get to see up her skirt;) hehe <3

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Lab said...

I can't believe that even in Canada, or in an english blog, there are people that write "big first one!". Holy shit, Speed. Please, don't bring that stuff here :(

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous CtrlAltDel said...

Nice Kid.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger MeL said...

"BIG FIRST ONE" This has boggled my mind. Honestly, who really cares? I can see if you mentioned it once, but to mention it everytime you're the first person to post a comment on a new entry? Like come on. Are you so shallow that being "first", as you so put it, is all you have to look forward to? Jesus Christ, give it up already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home